30 incredible photos of the Maldives
The impossibly beautiful and unspoiled Maldives has become synonymous with luxury holidays.
To give you a feel for the sense of serenity and natural wonder that these remarkably tranquil islands offer to its lucky visitors, here are 30 breath-taking photos that perfectly capture their essence, courtesy of Carrier.co.uk.
1. A colorful Maldives sunset bathes stilted villas in an enchanting purple glow…
2. …And when morning comes, sunrise paints the sky with flashes of light and plump, billowing clouds.
3. The Maldives is renowned for its spectacular coral reefs. Look closely and you’ll notice the distinctive Regal Angelfish here.
4. An early morning stroll along the untouched pure white sands will make you feel as if you’re the only two people in the whole world.
5. Look up – the sprawling Dhivehi Ruh (Coconut Palm), which you’ll notice throughout the islands, is the national tree of the Republic of Maldives.
6. Take a diving trip while you’re in the Maldives and you may well make yourself a colorful new friend, like this laced moray eel, down on the seabed.
7. Locals steer a small boat across the calm waters that lay between the islands…
8. …While a sailboat watches on as the sun goes down on another beautiful day.
9. Of course, the turquoise tinged, crystal clear waters that stretch far out before you are one of the main attractions at this luxurious holiday destination.
10. A school of Kashmir Snapper weaves its way along.
11. A local boy enjoys another spectacular sunset on ViliMale’ beach.
12. The night sky is punctuated with the brightest stars here.
13. A bright blue boat to go with the bright blue sky and the bright blue waters!
14. Vivid color is everywhere in the Maldives – in fact, even the dangerous crown jellyfish are strangely beautiful.
15. See how the sand and coral reef create a striped effect across the water? Another stunning natural wonder.
16. Total peace can be yours in your isolated island retreat.
17. A fishing crew tackle the seas of the Maldives, which is a popular destination for professional and amateur fishers alike.
18. Prefer surfing? You’ll find the islands offer plenty of opportunities to break out your board.
19. The five-star hotels of the Maldives often boast especially indulgent stilted accommodation that’s accessed via networks of jetties.
20. Watch through the palm as day transform to night in a colourful sunset display.
21. Another undersea wonder –a giant clam in vivid blue.
22. ‘House reefs’ offer unrivalled views over the waters.
23. More dazzling orange skies across the Maldives.
24. Did you know that coconuts come in yellow too!? You should be sure to take a sip of the sweet water contained within during your visit.
25. The Maldives the perfect place to relax and reflect… (credit: )
26. After a day of enjoying everything the islands have to offer, returning to your stilted room along a route lit with lanterns feels truly magical.
27. Rain might be rare here, but a rainbow is always welcome…
28. The majestic hawksbill turtle glides just above the reef, ready to great inquisitive divers.
29. Waves crash against a rocky artificial beach, creating a wondrous sense of drama.
30. And, of course, your arrival to the Maldives offers a unique chance for you to take in its splendour from above.
If you’re looking for more Maldives inspiration, be sure to check out this great guide to the Maldives from Jade over at OurOyster. I’m definitely interested in visiting after reading Jade’s articles and seeing all these photos. If you have any Maldives advice please share in the comments below!