I had a memorable evening at the Petra Kitchen cooking school in Jordan. What I remember best about this making this treat was its crunchy smokey bite, you couldn’t eat just one slice. Create a taste of Jordan in your own kitchen, these pizza bites require few ingredients and are best enjoyed right after they’re made.
- 1 pound of ground meat (beef or lamb)
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 4-5 Pita Breads
- salt and cumin , 1 tsp
- In a bowl or a food processor mix the meat with tomatoes and onion.
- Add salt, minced chili, crushed garlic to ground meat and mix well.
- Cut each round of pita bread into two pockets. Stuff each pocket with a thin layer of the meat mixture.
- Brush bread with olive oil and arrange in a baking dish
- Bake at 350F for 7 minutes, turn and continue baking for another 5 minutes