Here in Turkey we’ve found a not so known plant at the market and it turns out it’s a popular dish and it goes by the name of Deniz börülcesi. It’s a salty, healthy plant that grows near the sea side, or you can grow it in your backyard. Get the full food trivia scoop by clicking here.
We’ve made a recipe video for it to show you what Deniz börülcesi actually looks like and how to prepare it at home. Its pretty easy so check out our video and see for yourself!
- Handful of Sea Bean
- 3 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Your favorite kind of vinegar (here we used pomegranate molasses)
- Chop the sea bean away from the hard stems.
- Drop in boiling water for about 5-6 minutes along with the garlic (not peeled)
- Remove from water, pass under cool water
- Mash garlic with a fork add to a bowl
- Remove sea beans from stalks and add to the bowl
- Add some olive oil, and vinegar
- Mix well
- Serve at room temperature!