Taken from a session at the Petra Kitchen, this lentil soup recipe is easy to prepare any night of the week. I love lentils and I’ve got my own way of making it with chorizo but this was simpler.
What you’ll need:
– 1 cup brown lentils
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 cup olive oil or ghee
– 6 cups water
– 1 onion finely chopped
– 1/2 teaspoon cumin
– pinch of pepper
– 1/2 parsley, finely chopped for garnish
What to do:
– Rinse lentils and drain, placing in a saucepan with the water over medium heat and bring to a boil.
– Reduce heat and simmer for a half hour, remove from heat & strain the lentils, pureeing them in a blender or food processor.
– In another pot brown the chopped onions and add to the soup pot, stiring in cumin, salt, and pepper.
– Cook everything together for the last 5 minutes and serve with chopped parsley and croutons.
*Recipe for soup courtesy of Petra Kitchen in Petra, Jordan.