Top 5 Egypt Must-Sees
Tourists have always been fascinated by Egypt. The bright year round sunshine, vast deserts, mysterious historical monuments and sparkling seas, what more could you wish for? If you would like all of this packaged for you and provided safe in the knowledge that it will be excellent accommodation and at a good price then take a peep at what Thomas Cook vacations have in store.
Thomas Cook can provide Egypt holidays cheap, well – cheaper than the majority of other tour operators – and as they have been providing holidays for many years, you are safe in the knowledge that they can offer you the very best for your money.
When travelling to Egypt, you can delight in the many experiences that this country has to offer. The main attractions are:
– The Giza Plateau, located just outside Cairo. This is known as Khufu’s Pyramid; it is one of the Seven Wonders of the World and is the largest and most intact pyramid left standing. Nearby stands the Great Sphinx.
– The second most visited attraction is the Abu-Simbel Temples. Built by Ramses II in the 13th century BC they were successfully and painstakingly relocated in the 1960s to save them from flood waters. The amazing statues carved into the building are an awesome sight and definitely worth the trip.
– One for the honeymooners is Cleopatra’s Bay, in Marsah Matrouh. It is a picturesque section of beach and water which is where, it is said, Cleopatra came to bathe with Mark Anthony. Ruins of one of her palaces nearby tell a story and set the scene.
– The Temple of Luxor is one of the most popular attractions with its commanding and miraculous columns. Many Pharaohs played a part in the building of this temple, and it is truly a sight to behold.
– Last but not least, the all important and ever treasured cruise down the Nile. No trip to Egypt would be complete without one of those.
Whatever you do in Egypt, it’s a magical destination to visit that’s worth every penny. Enjoy!
*This is a sponsored post.