We’ve been making veggie scrambles quite often in our kitchen these days and we’d like to share our recipe with you! With just a few ingredients you can have a whole new breakfast idea. Scrambled eggs plus veggies and cheese? Yes please.
- 4 eggs
- salt & pepper to taste, and if you've got some herbs like oregano or thyme, a pinch of each-fresh or dried, fresh is best though!
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1 diced red pepper
- 4 or 5 slices of bacon, or ham, or sausage (optional for meat lovers!)
- veggie oil/coconut oil or some butter for cooking
- Heat up a pan with some veggie/coconut oil-butter would burn too quick at this step.
- Throw in your onions, and red & green peppers.
- Add some salt, pepper, and any other spices or herbs like oregano or thyme or sometimes we add a pinch of cumin.
- Beat your eggs in a bowl and add some salt & pepper to the eggs as well- flavor everywhere!
- After your veggies cook a bit, add your egg mixture to the pan. Cook your eggs as long as you like- Mike likes his a little more cooked than I do so its up to you. You can also add some cheese if you've got a slice laying around. If not, no big deal. It will still taste awesome.
Now at this point, your veggie breakfast is all ready. If you’ve been lucky enough to score some flour tortillas, heat up 1 or 2 on the same pan over medium heat and you’re ready to wrap and dig in. If you can’t find any tortillas, then you can use soda crackers, veggie crackers, ritz crackers, or no crackers and just eat the veggie egg scramble solo. That’s the beauty of cooking your own food-you make it just how you want it!